Tuesday, September 22, 2009

David's Day Off

I have the day off tomorrow. What shall I do? I certainly know what I should do. Since we've moved into our new house, my honey-do list has grown exponentially. Its not Jennifer that's adding to it, however, its me.
We want to paint the kitchen, our bedroom, and the two bathrooms. That should be number one on my list, but I think its probably towards the bottom. Mostly because Jennifer can't decide what colors to go with. She's leaning towards the green side of the spectrum this time around, which is surprising to me because she's always preferred yellow in the past.
There are still a ton of empty, broken-down cardboard boxes on our porch that needs to be taken to the recycling center, and at least a full load of random stuff that needs to go to either the Salvation Army or to Goodwill. There is also a corner in our garage where there are a few full boxes still waiting to be unpacked. I'm hoping that we can leave those intact and perhaps they'll find their way to Goodwill as well.
I still want to install storage shelving in the garage. I'm at an impasse there because I can't find my drill and its driving me crazy! This along with installing insulation around our front door, putting up the shelving and hooks for the boy's coats, shoes, and knapsacks.
I haven't even mentioned my office. My man-room. My Fortress of Solitude. It needs to be painted, a daybed needs to be situated, the computer needs to be moved to a better location, and my aquarium needs to be running again! I haven't had the motivation to get started on it again, but I stopped by our LFS (Local Fish Store) this evening and I've caught the bug again. Maybe discus or African Rift Lake Cichlids this time.
I almost forgot the curtains that need to be hung, the laundry that needs doing, the clean clothes that need to be folded and put away. (Somehow, they always seem to get clean and folded, but never actually put away)
Last, but certainly not least, I want to get our birdfeeders up and situated. Jen got her hummingbird stations up on our kitchen window soon after we moved in and the hummers are swarming. The ground has been too hard for me to sink the shepherd's hooks that hold our feeders, but with the seven days of rain we've gotten lately-- I should have no problem now.

Man, that's a long list. I should be able to accomplish at least some of it tomorrow. Or I could just take it easy. Who's to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment